Re: [spf-discuss] SPF basics commentary

2007-01-27 12:55:30
On Saturday 27 January 2007 12:04, Don Lee wrote:

HELO checking is a good example.  I think there is consensus that this is
safe and effective, and can be deployed immediately everywhere without
pain. I think we should push this.  It does *not* constitute
a particularly effective ant-spam policy, so it should not be oversold,
but it can be very effective in blocking spam bot-nets and the like that
forge HELO names.

One thing we've recently done to support this is to set up an SPF project run
e-mail tester that includes HELO checking and results.  This will highlight
the capability to people.

IIRC, we also recently added discussion of HELO checking to the best practices
section of the web site.

Scott K