[spf-discuss] Softfail when spf-checking mails from this list, max_dns_mx=5

2007-03-14 05:43:42
Probably this is something for the mailing list administrator
or possibly the libspf2 developers, but the problem
occurs with this list....

As mentioned in a post to spf-devel last week,
I sometimes seem to be getting softfails for mailing list posts
originating from v2.listbox.com. I now managed to trace this
down to the builtin maximum of 5 MX-Entries that
will be evaluated when one specifies "mx" in the
SPF recorde, there are however
6 mx entries for domain listbox.com.

Whenever the 6th MX (in the order that they are retrieved
from DNS) is the one that would "allow" the sender-IP
used, posts will be marked softfail (and thus be copied to my spambox).

So what's the problem here? The MX setup
of Listbox.com? My various libspf2-Installations? Puzzled....