[spf-discuss] SPF Implementation issues

2007-12-04 21:25:02
Can I get a test case added to the SPF test suite that deals with the
problematic situation in my SPF record.

In particular I have the following piece:

        -exists:%{i}.%{l1r-}.user.%{d}

In practice the %{l1r-} causes problems for some implementations -- I
can see from my DNS logs that they map a local part of 'philip' into
'hilip'. This is wrong.  [This piece of SPF is actually quite effective
at eliminating spammers who guess incorrect userids in my domain]

This bug exists at at least two distinct sites (both of which are mail
forwarding sites handling personal domains) so I suspect that there is a
common implementation with this as a defect.

Thanks

Philip