Re: [spf-discuss] SPF -all domain survey

2007-12-10 13:53:51
Scott Kitterman schrieb:
On Monday 10 December 2007 03:59, Stephan Seitz wrote:
Hi Greg,

we're setting up -all records by default (changed on request) for all
of our hosting clients.

Do you discuss this with your clients?

Hi Scott,

most of our clients are not really involved in technical issues. Generally,
they just want to know "it works".
If we show up the pros and cons of spf records, the question is never which
particular setting to use, it's more like a "we'll use your smarthosts and
you're taking care that our blackberry devices continue to work"

How do you know you have a complete list of mail servers from which your
clients send mail?
as said, we're providing smarthosts for our clients. Their in no way
forced to use them, we just try to give a good service for fair money.
The spf record is set after such decisions are made.

Additionally, i must say that SPF causes minimal amount of tickets,
compared to e.g. how to setup a new IMAP account ;)
Sometimes, even positive responses arrive, stating that "THE MAILER-DAEMON"
is writing much lesser.

Stephan

Scott K