Re: [spf-discuss] Top problems with SPF acceptance

2008-02-29 06:04:52
On Tuesday 26 February 2008 10:01, Scott Kitterman wrote:
On Tuesday 26 February 2008 07:57, ram wrote:
I think the oft repeated "SPF-breaks-forwarding" and
"Use-SRS-when-frowarding" is the still top problems for SPF acceptance.

The next big hurdle is when ISP's block smtp access to corporate
mailservers and force the corporates to include a plethora of IP into
their SPF

Use the submission port, port 587.  That's virtually never blocked.

Regarding the first problem
I am using Postfix and cyrus on my mailserver and use sieve rules for
forwarding. Frustratingly even though SRS has been around for ages now
there is not a single implementation of SRS for my setup. I remember
trying some smtp milter but that never worked

Postfix still (unless it's in 2.5, I haven't looked) lacks a way for
external programs to rewrite mail from so you'd need to do it with a
transparent filter.  There's been some disucssion about this being a good
feature to have (for more than just SRS) on postfix-users, but someone
either needs to provide a patch or convince the postfix developers it's
important enough to do themselves (SRS along won't be enough)

FYI, a Debian user of the Postfix policy servers pointed me at this today:

http://blog.madism.org/index.php/2007/08/29/136-postfix-and-srs

Perhaps an answer is coming soon.

Scott K