RE: [spf-discuss] How to modify the MAIL FROM argument? (was: Re: Top problems with SPF acceptance)

2008-02-28 13:25:55
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
I never used any of those. Can anyone briefly mention the
filtering capabilities of any of them?

Microsoft Exchange has Event Sinks that work similarly to the
milter API (a separate process that responds to events and
modifies exchange behaviour), but only in Windows, of course.

Note that events sinks are discontinued in Exchange Server 2007 and have been
replaced by the Transport Agent API, which is a .NET API that (in theory) gives
you all necessary functionality. Poking around the SDK, you can easily get
access to the From header of the message itself, and Exchange fires an event
after the MAIL command (SmtpReceiveAgent.OnMailCommand) that you can handle.
However, it's not clear whether you actually have access to change the values
in the SMTP session. I've got a query in to find out whether this access is
read-only or not.

--
Devin L. Ganger, Exchange MVP      Email: deving(_at_)3sharp(_dot_)com
3Sharp                             Phone: 425.882.1032