RE: [spf-discuss] Top problems with SPF acceptance

2008-02-26 09:33:45
I am using mime-defang to change the envelope sender for all incoming emails
that will be forwarded to an external email address.  Sendmal 8.14 added a
feature that allows mime-defang to change the envelope sender.

Jim

From: ram [ram(_at_)netcore(_dot_)co(_dot_)in]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:57 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Top problems with SPF acceptance

I think the oft repeated "SPF-breaks-forwarding" and
"Use-SRS-when-frowarding" is the still top problems for SPF acceptance.

The next big hurdle is when ISP's block smtp access to corporate
mailservers and force the corporates to include a plethora of IP into
their SPF

Regarding the first problem
I am using Postfix and cyrus on my mailserver and use sieve rules for
forwarding. Frustratingly even though SRS has been around for ages now
there is not a single implementation of SRS for my setup. I remember
trying some smtp milter but that never worked

When I tell customers to use SPF to prevent forged spams from their
ids , they simply give the forwarding excuse not to use SPF

How do you guys handle the situation

Thanks
Ram