Re: [spf-discuss] throwaway domains and whois

2008-10-14 10:59:49
At 11:30 AM 10/14/2008 +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:
--On 13 October 2008 12:59:52 -0700 David MacQuigg
<dmquigg-spf(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

I didn't see any response to my suggestion of sending a challenge to the
author via SMTP reject.  That still seem like the better alternative, and
one that doesn't have the "weak antibiotic" problem.  Also the author of
the message has a guaranteed way to get his message through.  The
Stanford study showed that many challenges are never answered, but at
least then we know that the message was not very important to the author.

That would only be sensible if you could guarantee that the sender address
didn't belong to a real person who isn't the sender of the email.

That is guaranteed by the use of an SMTP reject, instead of a bounce message to
the alleged sender.