Re: [spf-discuss] C/R Pros and Cons

2008-10-14 17:17:38
Let's  drop  the  word  "sender",  since  we  now need a little more
precision.  If  the Transmitter does not handle the text of the SMTP
reject  message properly, and by that I would assume simply relay it
to the original Author of the message, if that is the problem, it is
not  the Receiver's responsibility. The Receiver has done his job by
sending a clearly-worded reject message.

Your  claim  that  a "clearly-worded" (512-character, given non-global
support  for  multi-line  responses)  response  message  is  your only
responsibility is ridiculous. Though classic FUSSP.

Try  doing all your tech support in 512-character phrases from now on.
Guess  what:  it's not like the developers of the original C/R concept
had  never heard of the SMTP protocol. They just knew their idea would
be  _even  lamer_  if  they  tried  to express it using such an, ahem,
concise end user interface.

Receivers  cannot  be held responsible for these kind of problems on
the sending side.

The  age-old  "problem"  of  not  being  able to send mail because the
receiver  set  a policy that stopped being feasible in around 1983, or
whenever the first non-techie end user used SMTP.

--Sandy