Re: [spf-discuss] Senderside forwarder-problem mitigation

2009-07-14 04:42:44
Michael Deutschmann wrote:
What about forwarders who happened to miss that whitelist?

People with errors in their forwarder whitelist aren't a significant
problem.  It's people who don't realize they need one that we need to worry
about.

I, for one. I'd have no idea how to start building one, except if some forwarder explicitly asked, explaining they have bounces when they forward to a given address at my MX, and thus need whitelisting. Symmetrically, if I had bounces when forwarding to a remote MX, I would first consider changing the sender locally than asking for a whitelist remotely.