Re: [spf-discuss] openspf website

2010-09-08 08:47:51
If y'll need help, or need another place to host a mirror site, let me know.

Terry

Terry Fielder
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Associate Director Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
Fax: (416) 441-9085

Scott Kitterman wrote:
On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 09:03:08 am you wrote:
top posting fixed.

On 09/08/2010 05:57 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
On Tuesday, September 07, 2010 03:39:34 pm you wrote:
Problem: only Wayne Schlitt has keys to domain, and website hosted on
PIII laptop goes down.  (Seems to be starved for swap space and memory
among other things.)  Software needs updating.
FWIW, I managed to reach Julian yesterday and he restarted apache.  That
should provide some short term improvement.

Scott K

Thanks, but don't we have enough expertise and resources on this list to
do better?

With a round robin DNS record and multiple hosting sites the worst that
could happen would be a partial outage if one site went down.

If it is going to be on a single machine (especially an obvious spare),
is there any reason why there shouldn't be 3 or 4 people with access to
kick it if something goes wrong?

I think four people do (including Stuart, if he doesn't/doesn't anymore we can fix that). Julian has been the primary admin of the box, so I pinged him rather than dig out my credentials).

The biggest problem we have is that Wayne is not active in the project and apparently very busy. There's lots we could do to make this work better if those of us who are the most active had access to the domain.

Scott K