xsl-list

RE: Role of XSLT?

2002-10-30 06:47:47
Mike,
      You are of course right. At the time it seems I was suffering from
the 'pity-party'(There's an Americanism for you) that so many people in
America have trouble with. I felt that a stereotype was being put on all
Americans, but that clearly was not the case. I do apologize for the
terseness of the previous post. I have read alot of your posts and I have
never felt that you were particularly hateful. I am sorry that I said
everything you say, that was not what I meant. And I agree, Dr. Mabry, I
think that Mike can in no way be grouped with those people. It was those
people who began the downward spiral culminating in my reaction to Mike's
post. And the misuse of 'of' bothers me also, Brian... especially here in
the South :-)

Gregory Murphy said
So, what is this list all about?

Yes, Sorry about the off-topic nature of this thread.

Thanks, No hard feelings?

Jeremy

P.S. Sorry it took so long to respond but I have been off for a few days.
(If I could have waited a little while longer this all could have been
avoided :-/ )

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:39:02 -0000
From: "Michael Kay" <michael(_dot_)h(_dot_)kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com>
Subject: RE: [xsl] Role of XSLT?

I was definitely indicating mild amusement, not hatred.

I have been learning to read and write American English for some years,
but I am still occasionally taken by surprise: I discovered last week
that "a moot point" means the opposite in American of its meaning in
British English. Since we all try and communicate with each other, it's
occasionally worthwhile to point these difficulties out.

The first time I came across "international" meaning "foreign" was in a
Microsoft manual. I had carelessly skipped a section headed "For
international readers" because I did not regard myself as
international...

Michael Kay