xsl-list

RE: Role of XSLT?

2002-10-28 17:42:19
:)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Wendell Piez

Jeremy,

I'm American, and I have to say I detect no such "thinly veiled hatred" in
Mike's post (either this one or in "everything he says").

On the contrary, here I only detected a slight tweaking of the way us
'merkans are observed to use the (so-called) "English" language. Hardly a
hatred of us. Rather more like the grampaw whose youngun's done run oft 'n'
made good fer himself ... can't help but draw attention to his funny suit
of clothes.

I think the proper term is 'curmudgeon' :)

also it is like what the great americana musician/songwriter, Jerry Jeff Walker,
said in the classic song, London Homesick Blues:

/...I'll substantiate the rumor
that the english sense of humor
is as dry as old west Texas sand.../

:)