xsl-list

RE: Role of XSLT?

2002-10-29 03:02:28

Lovely example of the American use of "international" to mean
"foreign"...

I believe this usage arose from a desire not to give offense and is of
quite recent vintage, the word foreign having acquired a nasty set of
connotations during the 50's early 60's; it is first in reading
articles, books etc. from the late seventies that I notice International
replacing foreign.

International, although an Americanism, has I think been at least
somewhat appropriated by proper British Firms, at least in marketing
texts and such like.

Is the Foreign Office still called the Foreign Office?

Jeff Keaton wrote:
My guess is that anyone, in any country, who says "international" means
"anywhere but here".

Sure, Like an International Lover.

Actually I think what was once International may be moving into
Multinational.