xsl-list

Re: SAX Transformation: Servlet returns blank XSL template

2002-10-11 07:29:57
Paul Brown wrote:

1) Unless you're explicitly configuring the namespace properties for the
driving
XMLReader (and are sure that no one else is going to change
them), using QName to drive logic is a Bad Idea.  For instance, with some
namespace property settings, you're not even guaranteed to get a QName
parameter.

Thanks for pointing this out, I will investigate this useage more thoroughly
in my application.

2) You do not want the static on the fields in the XMLFilter.
You should use non-static fields, overload the parse(...) methods,
and perform any necessary initialization there.  (This is the reason
that you're getting the strange behavior on the second pass.  Look up the
meaning of the
static keyword in the Java language specification; section 8.3.1.1 for
static Fields.)

Thank you, to you and Michael Kay for pointing this out to me.  I removed
the static from my
variable declarations, and the servlet now appears to work properly on every
call.

You should come on over to the SAX users list
(sax-users(_at_)lists(_dot_)sourceforge(_dot_)net)
and post your XMLFilter code there for help and some >
pointers

I will do this in the future with any sax related issues.