xsl-list

RE: SAX Transformation: Servlet returns blank XSL template

2002-10-09 13:31:03
There's a bug in your servlet code, but without seeing the code, I can't
begin to guess what it is.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Bruce McDougald
Sent: 09 October 2002 17:45
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] SAX Transformation: Servlet returns blank XSL template

I am using SAX to read and transform an XML document in a
servlet.  When I call the servlet the first time (from the
browser) everything works great and I get transformed HTML
output to my browser.  When I call the servlet the second
time in the same manner, I basically get a my XSL stylesheet
template returned with no elements on it. The XML is
generatedand served via a CGI call and my XSL stylesheet is
passed to the transform process by its URL.  Interestingly
enough, if I put my servlet code in another java container
called a Domino agent I get the same results: works the first
time, blank template afterwards.  It seems like the
servlet/agent is trying to do something on the second
go-round, but in the end has nothing to process and draws a blank.

Question:

When using a SAX reader and XMLFilter do the objects stay in
memory and have to be closed and then
re-opened/re-initialized, or something to that effect?

- Bruce