xsl-list

SAX Transformation: Servlet returns blank XSL template

2002-10-09 09:44:52
I am using SAX to read and transform an XML document in a servlet.  When I
call the servlet the first time (from the browser) everything works great
and I get transformed HTML output to my browser.  When I call the servlet
the second
time in the same manner, I basically get a my XSL stylesheet template
returned with no elements on it.
The XML is generatedand served via a CGI call and my XSL stylesheet is
passed to the
transform process by its URL.  Interestingly enough, if I put my servlet
code in another java container called a Domino agent I get the same results:
works the first time, blank template afterwards.  It seems like the
servlet/agent is trying to do something on the second go-round, but in the
end has nothing to process and draws a blank.

Question:

When using a SAX reader and XMLFilter do the objects stay in memory and have
to be closed and then re-opened/re-initialized, or something to that effect?

- Bruce