xsl-list

RE: Extending Java Classes in XSLT2

2002-10-11 02:17:46
A tip: using the -t and -T options in Saxon can sometimes give you
better information as to why extension functions are failing to load.

The most likely explanations are: the class is not on the classpath, the
class is not public, the class does not have a public zero-argument
constructor.

Also note, if you invoke Saxon using the "java -jar saxon7.jar" method,
the classpath is effectively empty, so extension functions can only be
loaded using the <saxon:script archive="URL"> technique.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Kurt Cagle
Sent: 10 October 2002 17:24
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Extending Java Classes in XSLT2

I have a stupid question to ask, but after spending too many
hours last night unsuccessfully trying to do this, I'm
getting desperate. I'm using Michael Kay's Saxon 7.2 parser
and XSLT 2.0 -- overall, very sweet, by the way -- and I'm
trying to get a Java class that I wrote (JPanesque.class) to
load through the extension mechanism in XSLT 2. The problem
that I'm having is more Java related than XSL -- I know the
use of the namespaces designation to load in Java classes,
but those relate only to those classes that are specifically
in the Java API itself. If the JPanesque.class is in the same
directory as the XSLT, how would I get it to load into the
environment:

I've tried

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
    xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'
    xmlns:jp ='java:JPanesque'>
    <xsl:variable name="panel" select="jp:new()"/>

But that generates an error indicating that the new() class
is not supported (and thus presumably that the class could
not be found).

-- Kurt Cagle