xsl-list

RE: Abbreviated form of XSLT?

2002-10-10 06:46:39
Okay, okay - it was an obscure, poor joke.

As someone who liked omnimark (back when it was free), and then only with
much gnashing of teeth moved over to XSLT, it amused me to imagine an
abbreviated XSLT syntax being based on the omnimark element domain syntax.
The amusement was compounded by how unabbreviated it would be if xpath
statements were also expanded into omnimark's extremely verbose style -
"attribute href of parent of parent" etc.  I even toyed with specifying
something and writing a converter in omnimark or, yes, perl, but since, as
Debbie noted, omnimark doesn't explicitly mark the end of templates it would
be more work than it really merits.

I'll shut up now.

David McNally.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 7:34 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Abbreviated form of XSLT?

to be represented as

      element p
              output "%c"

As I assume you know, that isn't abreviated XSLT it's unabreviated
omnimark I think having two different languages use almost the same
syntax would be even more confusing wouldn't it?

David

---------------------------------------

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment thereto,
is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express permission.  If
you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message, or any attachment thereto, in whole or
in part, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify us by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message
and all of its attachments.  Thank you.

Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses.  You should,
however, review this e-mail message, as well as any attachment thereto, for
viruses.  We take no responsibility and have no liability for any computer
virus which may be transferred via this e-mail message.