xsl-list

RE: [saxon] catalogs

2003-01-03 09:50:50
What do you do when you are transforming documents referencing large
DTDs, eg DocBook? Do you change the URI in the doctype
declaration to a
local path, do you use catalog tools, or ...?

I have sometimes made a local copy of the DTD and changed the URI, often
I just allow the DTD to be fetched from its remote location.

I recognize that some people need the catalog facility, but I've never
felt a compelling need for it in my own work.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com