xsl-list

RE: [saxon] catalogs

2003-01-02 09:30:07
I don't really understand what's going on here, but when you use Saxon's
-x option, then XML parsing is entirely out of Saxon's control. All that
Saxon sees is a stream of XML events from the nominated XML parser.
Certainly Saxon won't get involved in finding the DTD or any DTD
"module" (ie. external parameter entity).

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Tobias Reif
Sent: 02 January 2003 15:41
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] [saxon] catalogs

Joerg Pietschmann wrote:

On Thursday 02 January 2003 13:52, Tobias Reif wrote:

dbnotnx.mod is expected in the current dirctory instead of in
C:\etc\xml\oasis\docbook\4_2\dtd\: how to change that?

Add a proper redirection to the catalog.

Where? How? Please elaborate.

AFAICS, the catalog is found, the correct DTD is found, just the DTD
modules aren't. I don't have this problem with any other tool
using this
DTD, and I'm not sure if I want to add DTD modules in each working
directory, if that's what you mean.

The DTD is DocBook XML 4.2, and it was not necessary to modify it for
any other tool which is using it through catalogs. I don't want to
modify the DocBook DTD, for obvious reasons.

C:\saxon\resolversettings\CatalogManager.properties
:
catalogs=/etc/xml/catalog
relative-catalogs=true
catalog-class-name=org.apache.xml.resolver.Resolver
verbosity=3

.bat
:
@echo off
java  -cp
C:/saxon/saxon.jar;C:/saxon/saxon-fop.jar;C:/saxon/saxon-jdom.
jar;C:/Programme/apacheResolver/resolver->
1.0.jar;C:/saxon/resolversettings
com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet  -x
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader -y
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader -r
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver  %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

xmllint is happy with
   set SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/etc/xml/catalog
in the .bat and with the DocBook DTD.

WinME, Saxon 6.5.2, JRE 1.4.1_01.