xsl-list

RE: The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0

2003-02-19 14:15:37
Using version="1.0" with XPath 2.0 expressions gives you:

  - Automatic conversion to a double of the items in operands in
    general comparisons when either operand sequence contains a
    numeric value. For example, 1 = '1' should, I think, be true in
    backwards compatibility mode as it is in XPath 1.0, whereas in
    XPath 2.0 it will give an error because integers cannot be
    compared to strings.

Yes, it should. Unfortunately I overlooked this one in Saxon 7.4, which
gives you an error when comparing a number to a string even if BCM is
true.

Michael Kay