xsl-list

RE: Xpath and for-each looping

2003-05-19 10:21:42
[ Michael Kay] [mailto:mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk]

What's wrong with the simpler technique of simply removing the
punctuation, so 2003-05-08 sorts as 20030508?

That could be good, too.  I remember also using the first kind of
technique on indented numbering systems where you could multiply by
powers of ten, which was good because the number of digits for a
division was not fixed.  No matter how you do it, yoou may have to slipt
into fields and reassemble, depending on the sort order you want.

Cheers,

Tom P