xsl-list

Re: Generate key with further restriction

2003-09-09 09:23:09

Do namespaces extend to the content of the attribute?
a highly political and contentious question that:-)
If you mean what I suspect you mean the answer is no.

match="@*[name() = 'type' and ... ]

why match them all and filter out everything except name, that
is the same as

match="@type[... ]

For example from an xsd file that contains the following specs, I would
only like to select Account.
Well the attribute node type="Account" will be in the key.

It's not clear what filtering out the xs: values from your key
really achieves (except saving a bit of internal memory for the
processor)

with your key definition as it is
key('usedTypes','Account') will return all the type="Account"
nodes, but if you used the simpler definition of

<xsl:key name="usedTypes" match="@type" use="." />
then
key('usedTypes','Account') would return exactly the same nodes.

David