xsl-list

Re: XSL to HTML --> XHTML?

2003-11-15 16:58:04
At 1:46 PM -0800 11/15/03, Patricia LaRue wrote:
I just discovered that my webpage (using xsl to
transform an xml file) must be viewable on a
Macintosh.  I think that means I need to convert the
output to HTML.  Does that mean I need to look at
XHTML?  Does anybody have any ideas?

It's not a question of hardware, it's a question of software.
The Macintosh doesn't display XML (or XHTML, or HTML). An application
running on the Macintosh may be able to display any or all of these
file types.

So, what software is your Macintosh user using to look at your
webpage? It's no different from PC users - if they are using
3 year old browsers they won't be able to make sense of XML
on the web. If they are using newer software they might be able
to view what you have now.

-- Tommie
B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com