xsl-list

RE: Sablotron and PHP

2003-11-14 01:13:21
-----Original Message-----
From: Cas Tuyn

<snip/>
I have been wondering lately, reading messages about Saxon and
XSLT2 whether
I, like you, are on an island and the rest of the world uses
saxon. Is there
any overview of XSLT processors and their marketshare? There is safety in
numbers.

Hmmm... the term 'market-share' seems a bit irrelevant here, since, for
example saxon and xalan are open-sourced free software... You could try and
measure their use by the number of times they've been downloaded or the
number of subscribers to their respective user-lists (but in these numbers,
I'm afraid there's no safety at all - different people can download multiple
copies & not *all* users subscribe to user-lists.)

If you really want 'safe' numbers in this matter, you'd have to have a poll,
and state clearly that everyone whose response is not received will be --
shot! (or maybe we could just deprive them of their computer, which will be
motivating enough for many of us... ;) )

Cheerz,

Andreas