xsl-list

RE: Linus and XML

2003-12-02 09:58:52
From: Peter Hickman [mailto:peter(_at_)semantico(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Linus and XML

Michael Kay wrote:
People with worthwhile opinions don't use foul language. Ignore it.

Michael Kay

Oddly enough I hold Bob Geldof's opinions much higher than
yours even though
you did not use foul language.

This might make sense if Geldof were an expert in XML and Mike Kay an expert
in, say, world hunger.  I suspect neither is the case.  (It's also clear
that Linus Torvalds is no XML expert, and willfully so, which certainly
doesn't raise the value of his opinions on the subject.)

In any case, neither the posted article nor this thread has anything to do
with XSL, so I politely suggest taking this "discussion" elsewhere (xml-dev
perhaps?).

cheers,
b.

| brian martinez
brian(_dot_)martinez(_at_)cendant(_dot_)com |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.357.3548 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.357.3380 |
| 6560 greenwood plaza blvd., suite 400           englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |