xsl-list

RE: saxon command line error "2>error.txt"

2004-05-20 07:05:08
Michael,
I re-checked and both e-mails suggesting this redirect are yours.

http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg_raw.php3?msg_id=9920530
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200312/msg00276.html

I had a suspicion that the syntax was for the OS. But the error I
receive is gives the SAXON options for the commandline.

It just struck me as odd that I found no option that was able to
direct the errors to a file. I thought I must be doing something
wrong or have misunderstood the options (where to place the syntax).

James Clark's SP has an option that outputs an error file (-f), why
can't SAXON have one? Why depend on the OS, when you can write in an
option?

My second thought was that, if I have to deal with the OS, maybe I
could capture the output in the window to an error.txt file. Thus, I
ask concerning an alternative syntax for the command line.

I don't understand the relevancy of your statements concerning
documentation.

Thanks.

Mike F.
Washington, DC

--- Michael Kay <mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk> wrote:
I'm sorry, but I've never managed to find any documentation worthy
of the
name for the command line processor in any version of Windows. This
is an
operating system "feature", nothing to do with Saxon or even Java.

Michael Kay