xsl-list

RE: Ampersand in attributes

2004-10-07 06:50:45
Michael thanks for the quick reply.

I will use the property. Do you know if I can do the same thing with
<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>?

Regards,

Néstor Boscán

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Enviado el: Thursday, October 07, 2004 3:58 AM
Para: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Asunto: RE: [xsl] Ampersand in attributes

Ken thanks for your quick answer

In my case I have a Kyocera running an Eudora browser that does not
work well with the amperson and I need to generate "&" instead of
"&amp".

There are ways of generating invalid HTML if you really need to, which it
seems you do.

In Saxon 6.x there is an extension saxon:disable-output-escaping on
xsl:attribute

In Saxon 8.x you can use character maps: assign some private use character
to the meaning "unescaped ampersand", and map it to an ampersand as the
output string.

Please also raise a bug report with the supplier of this broken browser.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/