xsl-list

RE: XPATH problem with namespace

2004-10-07 03:27:45
Sadly, we often have to do things we don't want to do.

XSLT 2.0 allows you to write xpath-default-namespace="http://t3.org/test";,
which implicitly qualifies all element names in path expressions and match
patterns: but in 1.0, if you want to refer to an element in a namespace, you
need to prefix its name.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Ranjan K. Baisak [mailto:ranjanbaisak(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: 07 October 2004 10:37
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XPATH problem with namespace

But if I use xmlns:t="http://t3.org/test";, then I jave
to qualify all elements which I donot want to do.

regards,
Ranjan
--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

 //country

selects elements with local name country and no
namespace uri, you want
to select elements with name country and namespace
uri
http://t3.org/test
so stick

xmlns:t="http://t3.org/test";

on your xsl:stylesheet (or your Xpath API if you are
not using xslt)
then use

//t:country

Your subject line asks about xpath widcards but that
refers to * which
you don't seem to be using.

unrelated but in

xsi:schemaLocation="http://t3.org/test
c:\test\my.xsd">

schemaLocation should take pairs of URIs and
c:\test\my.xsd isn't a URI
it is an MSDOS path, should be

file:///c:/test/my.xsd

some schema validators will silently correct that
error, others will
not.

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by
Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

--+--