xsl-list

RE: Ampersand in attributes

2004-10-07 00:58:28
Ken thanks for your quick answer

In my case I have a Kyocera running an Eudora browser that
does not work
well with the amperson and I need to generate "&" instead of "&amp".

There are ways of generating invalid HTML if you really need to, which it
seems you do.

In Saxon 6.x there is an extension saxon:disable-output-escaping on
xsl:attribute

In Saxon 8.x you can use character maps: assign some private use character
to the meaning "unescaped ampersand", and map it to an ampersand as the
output string.

Please also raise a bug report with the supplier of this broken browser.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/