xsl-list

RE: Result still indented despite indent="no"

2005-02-22 11:28:48
At 07:19 AM 2/21/2005, Ken wrote:
Indeed ... passing off the "problem" to the XML Processor in the XSLT processor does not exonerate the "XSLT Transformation Environment" from being non-conformant. I have a publishing problem in that I've been asked by my customers to present their data in a distributed IE browser environment, and in one case where up to 50,000 families in one State in the US are going to be browsing XML results, how can I give the presentation that I need for the mixed content?

Exactly.

While MSXML may be conformant according to the letter, this is only by virtue of buck-passing. It would be no less conformant if it worked only with a parser that threw away all occurrences of the letter 'e' in your data.

It's kind of like there being nothing wrong with your car just because the tire is flat. You can still drive it -- so what's the problem? (The problem is that you can't get tires for this car that aren't flat.)

It's a pity, since in other respects the MSXML engine does so nicely.

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez