xsl-list

RE: escaping/entities on the fly?

2005-03-03 11:14:17
And it seems to do what you said in XSLT 1.0 which is what
I'm using, for
instance it converts  the word "kabelskåp" to  "Kabelsk%C3%A5p"

The thing is I want it to be seen as "kabelskåp" in the newly
created mail
when you klick the mailto link. Right now I'm getting some
weird symbol
instad of "å". How can I achive this?

I'm afraid this is a question about the mail software that you're using, not
about XSLT. I don't know the answer. It might not even be possible: as far
as I'm aware, the internet RFC's for SMTP email only allow Ascii characters
in email addresses.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/