xsl-list

Re: escaping/entities on the fly?

2005-03-03 10:47:19
Well my output is this:
<xsl:output method="html" media-type="text/html" encoding="ISO-8859-1" indent="no" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

And it seems to do what you said in XSLT 1.0 which is what I'm using, for instance it converts the word "kabelskåp" to "Kabelsk%C3%A5p"

The thing is I want it to be seen as "kabelskåp" in the newly created mail when you klick the mailto link. Right now I'm getting some weird symbol instad of "å". How can I achive this?
I must admit this encoding stuff is confusing to me. :/

/Gabriel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Kay" <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:34 PM
Subject: RE: [xsl] escaping/entities on the fly?

Non-Ascii characters in a URI should be escaped using the %HH convention,
rather than using XML escaping.

XSLT 2.0 provides a function escape-uri() to achieve this.

In 1.0, it happens automatically when you use the HTML serialization method
if the URI appears in an attribute such as <a href="..."> that is known to
require a URI as its value.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/