xsl-list

escaping/entities on the fly?

2005-03-03 10:10:51
I'm creating an URL (a mailto: link) that uses characters not allowed, encoded in ISO-8859-1. The characters are for instance å ä ö. So when when you click the mailto link and a new mail is created, these characters in the subject line are not readable.

Is there a function or some other way to convert for instance the character "å" to å or it's entity number å on the fly?
I don't want to have these (entities) in the XML file.

/Gabriel