xsl-list

Re: Unusual Sort

2005-04-13 08:15:54

<us:arrogance>
Based on +what+ assumption did you think we outside the US would know this?
Do you assume the entire world's education systems would be based on U.S. terminology? ... if you don't know what the scale is in the UK, why should we be expected to know what it is in the US?
</us:arrogance>

Williamson, Chris wrote:

Is this not pretty much standard throughout the world or atleast common
knowledge?   The order is Freshman, Sophmore, Junior, Senior, Graduate.  For
Highschool, numerically that would be grade 9,10,11,12.  What's the uk
scale?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk] Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:02 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Unusual Sort

 I haven't tried.. But this should create a problem for 'S'ophmore and
 'S'enior..right?

Well there wasn't a Senior in the example you tried (and I have no idea what
the possible grades are, or in what order they are, these names don't seem
to have made it into english english:-)

If Sophmore comes after Senior you are fine as Bophmore comes after Benior
but if you want them in the other order:

<xsl:sort select="translate('FSJo','ABCa',grade)"/>

Then

Baphmare comes before Beniar

so Sophmore would then sort before 'Senior

David

--~--