xsl-list

RE: Recognized Unicode characters?

2005-05-05 14:30:32
I would think it likely that the problem is on the output side: you've
probably generated an output file in a particular encoding and tried to
display it assuming a different encoding.

But this is guesswork: you need to provide much more information about the
form and encoding of both the input and output of the transformation. What
does the xsl:output declaration look like, for example? Are you producing
HTML? How are you displaying the HTML? What does the "source" HTML look
like?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Bryant [mailto:bryant_edward(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 05 May 2005 21:01
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Recognized Unicode characters?

Hello again,

I am having a problem getting my XSLT transformation to read
the correct
Unicode reference for an em-dash ( — ). I get that
little square box
in place of the correct character in the output when I use
instant Saxon,
but when I let IE6 handle the transformation it works fine.

I take it that instant Saxon cannot read an em-dash?

Is there a reference of what characters it does read?

How do I display and em-dash correctly?

Isn't this a problem for portability between XSLT processors?

--Or am I just not doing something right?

--~--