xsl-list

Re: priority attribute... Doh Solved

2005-06-30 08:45:35
Bleh I was using an old test stylesheet on command
line that i was using early in the day. So no matter
what I was updating, was using that static test xsl. I
hate dumb mistakes.
priority=.5 worked fine

--- Arian Hojat <arianhojat2000(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

One webpage said priority can be from -9 to 9. and I
found another that says -.5 to .5
Tried being safe and sticking with the .5 range. but
still doesnt work.

--- Arian Hojat <arianhojat2000(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hello all,
I have a element <section> (as well as other
elements)
that can have an optional attribute called
@tocOut.
When I tranform, I would like this template
rule...
<xsl:template match="*[(_at_)tocOut]" mode="toc"
priority="8">
to override this one...
<xsl:template match="section" mode="toc"
priority="1">
...if <section> pretend has the @tocOut attribute.

With Saxon, I do not even need to set the
priority,
it
will think any wildcard* element with that
specific
attribute is a better match than the element
itself.
But when I transform straight with FOP/Xalan (and
with
the priority's above), it does not prioritize the
rule? am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Arian HOjat

protection around