xsl-list

Re: Clark notation in XPath

2005-10-03 04:13:19
Jirka Kosek wrote:

I bet that anyone who need to do more then one query would not like this syntax.

It's sure more verbose, but what about (proposed recently by Microsoft):

const string myns = "{http://myDomain.co.uk/namespaces/ns1}";
MyDom.select(myns + "myElement")

Here myns variable actually serves as an alias for a namespace name. One of problems here is that it's getting uglier once you've got more than one selection step.

However it wouldn't be bad if some future version of XML (and XPath) allowed to use Clarks notation everywhere where QName is allowed. But this will hardly happen I think.

I wonder why?

--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.xmllab.net