xsl-list

Re: Clark notation in XPath

2005-10-03 00:44:54
Colin Paul Adams wrote:
"Michael" == Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> writes:

    Michael> I have thought for a long time that it would be a good
    Michael> idea to allow such a notation (a) in source XML, (b) in
    Michael> XPath expressions, and (c) in the lexical space of the
    Michael> xs:QName data type; but I haven't had much success in
    Michael> persuading anyone.

I actually prefer the notation that the WG recently introduced for
error messages - the namespace-uri followed by # followed by the local
name - one less character to type.

And how do you escape # in namespace-uri then? W3C produced several namespace names ending with # (e.g. RDF).

                        Jirka

  Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka(_at_)kosek(_dot_)cz     http://www.kosek.cz
  Nejbližší termíny školení: DocBook 5.-7.12. * XSL-FO 19.-20.12.
     XSLT 17.-20.10. * XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.