xsl-list

Re: Select value using keys

2006-03-04 07:19:16
On 3/4/06, geoff hopkins <geoffhopkins123(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

<data>text</data>
<data>Name: DOC_ID1</data>
<data>text</data>

could someone show me how to select the node
containing 'Name:' using a key and then the correct
synatx for displaying in <xsl: value-of select = "...

Geoff you are struggling here because keys are the wrong choice for
this (I'm sure you've asked this before).

A key returns nodes based on a value - what value do you think you
could to pass to your key to return that node?

Just use xpath:

<xsl:value-of select="data[contains(., 'Name:')]"/>

If you explain the problem you might find we squeeze a key in there
somewhere.....

cheers
andrew