xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Convert milliseconds into date

2006-04-14 08:23:29
On 4/14/06, xslt xslfo <xslt(_dot_)techie(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hello:

I am sorry I do not quite understand. Let me try to be explain what is
happening on my side. There is an external application that is
supplying this parameter called "longdate" to the style sheet and that
is a complete black box to me. All the information I have is that this
parameter called longdate is in long format.  So on XSL:fo I just say
<xsl:param name="longdate"/>
This isn't XSL-FO, it's XSLT (both of which are called XSL).

The value I get when I try to print this is 1143228551205 (just as an
example).

Let me summarize from what I've seen Michael suggest:

1) Use the latest Saxon release.
2) Convert the stylesheet to XSLT 2.0
3) Convert the value to the type xs:integer.  This is an area I've
haven't explored yet with XSLT, but a quick looks at the Michael
already suggestions it looks like you might be able to do
xs:integer($i) (http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#FunctionsAndOperators).
I believe you can also do <xsl:param name="foo" as="xs:integer"> as
mentioned in the docs.  (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#built-in-types)

Is there any way to use javascripts on XSL:FO. I know it can be done
on XSLT.

Where did you hear this?  You can't use JavaScript in XSLT.  You can
produce it, but that's another matter entirely.  Or do you mean have a
JavaScript engine that calls an XSLT processor?

Can it be done on XSL:FO?
XSL-FO is a format for visual display of information, so no, not likely.

Otherwise, can anyone please help
me get a solution to this?

What's wrong with Michael Kay's suggestions?  (He didn't necessarily
do a lot of hand holding, but he did give you the changes you needed
to do several times).

Jon Gorman