xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Special characters and Transformation

2006-05-05 09:08:10
Finally I understand what exactly you mean. I
have to conclude all the sub elements into the parent
namespace in order to get rid of the namespace.

Thank you so much, I have learned something very important today.

And it's just an example of a bigger lesson: think in terms of the result
tree you want to produce, not its serialized representation. In the result
tree, each element node has a name that consists of a local name and a
namespace URI (with an associated prefix). You need to worry about what the
element looks like in the result tree. You don't need to worry about the
serialization of the result tree to create lexical XML containing namespace
declarations - the system takes care of that.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/