xsl-list

RE: [xsl] How to use arrays in xsl

2006-05-09 01:44:06
XSLT 2.0 has "sequence of string" as a data-type, which can be used to
represent an array. In XSLT 1.0, the best approach is to create a temporary
tree (result tree fragment) containing the items of the array as XML
elements, and then use the xx:node-set() extension to make this tree
available for access using XPath expressions. See the str:tokenize template
at www.exslt.org for an example.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jitendra Kharche
[mailto:Jitendra(_dot_)Kharche(_at_)geometricsoftware(_dot_)com]
Sent: 09 May 2006 05:48
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] How to use arrays in xsl

Hi all,
I am facing a problem while writing an xsl.
In my xml I have a comma separated values (csv) list. On each
of the value in this list I want to do some processing. For
that I want to parse the csv string and store it into an
array and pass the array to a separate template from
processing. Can we do this in xsl?

Regards,
Jitendra Kharche
Geometric Software Solutions Co. Ltd.
Work: +91-20-2290 6351

This e-mail communication and any attachments are privileged
and confidential and intended only for the use of the
recipients named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not review, disclose, disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail and attachments.
notify the sender immediately by email or telephone at+91-20-22906351.
--~--