xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to use arrays in xsl

2006-05-09 02:51:47
On 5/9/06, Jitendra Kharche
<Jitendra(_dot_)Kharche(_at_)geometricsoftware(_dot_)com> wrote:
I have following very basic questions:

1. how can I know which XSLT version I am using and what I will have to
do to use XSLT 2.0?

XSLT 2.0 stylesheets are signified by presence of version="2.0"
attribute on xsl:stylesheet element. To use XSLT 2.0, you need to
learn the XSLT 2.0 syntax (and also XPath 2.0).

2. Do I need to download some package?

You need to download a XSLT 2.0 processor to run the XSLT 2.0
stylesheets. The best XSLT 2.0 processor available today is Saxon. You
can download it from www.saxonica.com.

3. On top of that since the xsl is applied to the xml input in browser,
will my application run at all clients?

As of today XSLT 2.0 support is not available on browsers. You will
have to write server side application to utilize XSLT 2.0 in your web
applications.

Regards,
Mukul