xsl-list

RE: [xsl] How to use arrays in xsl

2006-05-09 03:31:04
I am a new bie to xsl. As all of you have pointed to use XSL
2.0 that has tokenize functionality built-in, I have decided
to use it. But I have following very basic questions:
1. how can I know which XSLT version I am using and what I
will have to do to use XSLT 2.0?
2. Do I need to download some package?
3. On top of that since the xsl is applied to the xml input
in browser, will my application run at all clients?

To use XSLT 2.0 you need to put your code through an XSLT 2.0 processor such
as Saxon.

Unfortunately there are no client-side (browser-based) XSLT 2.0 processors
yet (and may not be for some time).

I wouldn't recommend using client-side XSLT to beginners. It's a pretty
tough way to learn the language - the diagnostics tend to be poor, and it's
hard to get a clear separation in your head between what the XSLT
transformer is doing and what the browser is doing with the result.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/