xsl-list

Re: [xsl] What is a better word for "de-duplication"?

2006-08-28 14:07:00
Hey Dimitre,

At 01:57 PM 8/28/2006, you wrote:
Not bad -- for the advanced student, again.

"Identification" or "unique identification" might be better for beginners.

Then I think

   "id-factorisation"

or just

  "factorisation"

(because we know what kind of factorisation takes place) is better
than de-duplication.

Except for the part about having to explain it to everyone.... :-)

Honestly, if it were me (assuming I even decided to fight that battle) I would also always say "commonly called 'deduplication'", or something similar, to signal most readers that I was, in fact, just using a specialized term to describe something they already know about.

Cheers,
Wendell