xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 in the browser

2007-01-26 02:44:54
I don't think it is a BHO, two reasons:

1. I did some research on it a couple years ago now I guess, all of
what I found has disappeared from my head pretty much, but I don't
think it was a BHO, hopefully I would have remembered (but there are
so many other more important things I've forgotten [I guess] that this
is not certain)

2. MS would want it to open Infopath even if IE wasn't the default
application for opening files of type xmlfile. As an example, if
XMLSPY is installed will a BHO still do this?

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen

On 1/26/07, Houghton,Andrew <houghtoa(_at_)oclc(_dot_)org> wrote:
> [...]

I have a strong suspicion that the PI filtering in IE is done
with a BHO (Browser Helper Object).  Appropriate documentation
can be found on msdn.microsoft.com.  You could probably also
implement a Saxon XSL transform, instead of the default MSXML
transform with a BHO.

Andy.

--~--