xsl-list

Re: [xsl] In Search of People Who Know About and/or Use the Document Function

2007-09-06 16:57:23
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:16:35 -0600, Colin Paul Adams <colin(_at_)colina(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

Would you settle for a COM object wrapping Gestalt?

Yes! :D

Then you could
invoke it from Javascript client-side.

Has anyone tested whether or not the Eiffel compiler for .NET will run against Silverlight?

Wouldn't work on a real O/S though, I guess.

with the announcement yesterday regarding MSFT and Novell working together on Silverlight for Linux, if things could be adapted to run against the Silverlight assemblies, they you would get both browser and desktop interop for free.

Would be both happy and *VERY* interested in helping to make this happen. I've got a couple friends on the Silverlight team in whom would undoubtedly be interested in at least providing answers to technical questions, and the use-case itself would be invaluable so let me know your thoughts and then let's see where we can take this. :D

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 | http://dev.aol.com/blog/3155