xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Optimizing XSLT iteration

2007-10-07 17:15:25
Dear Abel and David,

Thanks a lot for your valuable insights. I think I am pretty close to
concluding that I need a custom solution for parsing large XML files.

I just tried Saxon parser after increasing the initial/max Java heap
space to 512M and it worked with even a 74MB file, but took about 28
minutes to finish. MSXML6 did a little better that way.

This might be a little off-topic for the list, but Abel, since you
have seen XML files being parsed using Perl parsers, do you suggest
using XML::Parser modules or just write the parser from scratch? Or
use something else?

Many thanks for your time
- Sujata